Monday, May 23, 2005

NewsFlash

The weekend update:

For some reason I don't like weekends much anymore. Could it be that yet again Justus & Sam were sick this weekend??? Perhaps. Or could it be that they're just so stinkin busy?? All in all it was a good weekend, even when I threatened to pull out Justus hair when I ran out of my own! Having two sickies at the same time isn't fun! Especially when one of them is Sam. If you're husband has ever been sick you know exactly what I mean.

We were planning on painting the living room to try & convert it to bedroom for Justus but when he woke up Sat, AM with 102 temp. I pretty much knew that idea was busted. He whined & cried all day. He was up from 7am to Midnight with only a thirty minute nap in between. Not the typical day for any of us. We tried it all but it didn't work. .....

The next day we knew why, when Sam came down with the same thing. He went to first service at the church & then came home. Justus appeared to be doing better but sam didn't feel so good. At the last minute we decided to go to 2nd service anyways. It was not exactly torture but the last half hour I was hoping that our pastor would hurry it up.

We came home & layed down for a while and then we had lunch. The missions team did a fundraiser to make money for Guatemala..wish I could go. Maybe next year! We had bbQ chicken & pork, slaw, beans & strawberry shortcake. It was very good!

Sunday PM was our missions banquet, I went but only stayed for ten minutes. By that time Sams fever had spiked & he had the chills. He of course came home and slept. Justus & I went rounds until about 9pm when he finally settled down. Sam said he had a migraine headache & massive sore throat. I'm guessing this was the source of Justus' pain for the past 2 days. Poor Sam & Justus!

Sam decided he was still going to work today. I tried to talk him out of it but he's is stubborn just like me. He came home two hours later when the room started spinning. Back to bed for my poor baby! Justus slept 3 hours this afternoon...it was nice so Sam could get some much needed sleep and I had some much needed quiet time. Its been several days of no fun but I think we're on our way to recovery! Thank Jesus!!!!

Also, I opened a new checking account to put the "extra" money in. That way we won't have cash laying around to tempt us & I'll be less likely to pull it out of the second account. I am saving quarters right now & won't put any more money in the second account until I have $100 more. I'm praying no emergency's come up that will sway me from that goal. I have about $60 in quarters. Thanks for all your ideas, for the most part saving it seemed like the least fun but smartest way to go!

1 comments:

Jamie said...

Good for you! We are starting savings accounts for both of our boys next month... I'm not sure how they will build, but it's a start!