Monday, May 16, 2005

Shots :(

Today was shot day for Justus. Kids get a million shots before the age of two. Last time Sam left the room and made me hold Justus for 4 shots, so this time I made him do it. That is my least favorite thing to do. (Doctors office). Give me a poopy diaper any day! Really I'm glad he gets most of the shots now so he won't remember when he get older. He is all caught up until Kindergarten.

The doctor checked Justus out, made sure we were brushing teeth, reading to him, and all that good stuff. Justus is 33" tall and almost 26 pounds! They say that he is heavier & taller than most kids his age but nothing out of proportion. I also asked about J's walking. His legs look a little bo legged to me & he walks with his toes pointed slightly in (pigeon toed). The doctor said it is pretty normal & he should grow out of it before he is 2. It doesn't bother J, he runs around like a mad man.

Also he may have to get tubes put in his ears, I'm not convinced it's need but we'll have to wait & see if he gets any more ear infections. Truly, it was painful for us all! Gotta go. 24 is on in 3 minutes. If you ever get a chance watch for a few weeks. You just might get addicted!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Hi! I'm a friend of Nicole and Crystal's and I started checking your blog out a few weeks ago. Your little boy is ADORABLE!! I was worried about the pidgeon toe thing too... but my 2 1/2 year old finally outgrew it! Now I just have to wait for my 1 year old to do the same. On the tubes thing, my 1 year old is on his 2nd set of them. They have made a HUGE difference in sleep patterns, eating, and over-all temperment. Also with the 1st set (at 4 months), we quit seeing ear infections until they fell out. Then we started having problems again. So... long story I know, but tubes work for him. And the procedure is very quick.

Jamie said...

They did put Bryant to sleep. I was a little worried (to say the least!) when they did it when he was 4 months old. But this last time, we were just so ready to get him some relief. We had zero problems... he did act a little bit loopy until it wore off, but that just gave us some laughs!