Friday, July 29, 2005

Grandma Becky

My grandmother is in the hospital for a variety of health problems. So we went to see her yesterday & we stayed for almost three hours. I haven't spent much time with her since we have been in NC. We have never been really close b/c I used to be scared of my grandfather so I stayed away. Yesterday I was reminded of what a sweetheart she really is. She's what you could call a "saint" of God. She has a degree in counseling & trusts the Lord with all her heart. I think that I should try to spend more time with her while I can.

When you read this please take a few minutes & pray for her. She has diabetes so it takes longer for her to recover from stuff. They put her in the hospital for a kidney infection & pneomonia(SP). She also has gout (sp?). I don't know exactly what that is but from what she said it basically equals pain on her feet whenever she tries to walk. She describes it like walking when every bone in your foot is broke.

I hate to see people in pain but she smiled the entire time. She put on a brave face! Mom & I are making meals to put in the freezer so when she comes home they can pop them in the fridge for a quick meal. Maybe in some small way this will help. I know that faithful prayer will do the most in bringing a speedy recovery. So that's what I'll try to do.

1 comments:

Staci said...

I will be praying for her!