Thursday, August 31, 2006

Coversations with J

About pillow fights-"I said wait".

This is what you will hear if you're ever in a pillow fight with Justus. "Wanna fight momma?". Sure J. The pillows quickly become a bat. "Batter up!". Next Justus becomes a football player. Be prepared to be tackled. Then it's time to wrestle. Belly flop to the pillow. In other words be prepared for a variety of fun. While you never know what your gonna get he will always say-'I said wait' before it's over. He has to be sure & get his blows in before the fun is over.

Where's Justus?

Each night before we go to bed we spend about 30minutes winding down. J's new thing is to hide under the covers & say where's Justus? Followed by Sam/myself saying silly things like: he's upstairs taking a bath, he's cleaning up his toys, he's standing on his head. This continues until we say something Justus thinks is funny. So sometimes he responds with a NO!, sometimes a yes. And every once in while he comes up for air & says- here I am!

Bedtime is one of my most favorite part of the day. Not just because sleep will soon follow. But it's one time of the day when we're all together with no distractions. No one is calling Sam needing help. The TV is off. And there is nothing left to do but get the kids to sleep. I truly enjoy the process. We have some important coversations right before bed. (When I was a kid these conversations happened at the dinner table.) Justus is especially affectionate at this time so I get lots of hugs, tickles & kisses; what fun!!!!!!!

Other things you might here Justus say: "Watch with me" (cartoons). I'm hung-a-ree. Let's check the mail...he'll do ANYTHING to get outside even if it only lasts for a minute. It's way harder to get outside with him since the baby is here..poor kid. Wanna ____________ with me???? Fill in the blank with play with me, fight (army men), play game?????? He really is getting social these days.

Also, "come with me mom' that means he has something to show me. Or press the red button;in other words "Get off the computer mom I need your attention!!!!!!!". And "I hear brother, you go get him. He's to little. He knows that he's not allowed to pick up the baby by himself.

I just asked him if he was hungry. My brother made supper & it's time to eat. Justus said: no, no thanks. A moment later he's eating supper. And just now he said 'I gotta get a drink.' In my biased personal opinion he is quite the conversationist!

There's so much more I could share but I'm probable boring you. So I'm off to eat supper while its hot!

2 comments:

dana said...

I love it!! Jesse and Emma come up with some big ones too. I have started a journal to write down the ones that just really catch me off guard or I think are hilarious.

Jamie said...

I'm not bored! I want more!