Saturday, September 02, 2006

Dear Diary....

It's 1:46am & I'm awake. Babies are sleeping, husband is snoring. Fan is spinning, and somewhere in this room there is a stinking cricket singing his heart out. I've been having a little sleep issue for about two weeks now. I can't go to sleep. At least at night. Could it be possible that Zeke has rubbed off on me??? B/c sleeping during the day isn't a problem. Nope; it's only during the quite times that I just can't get settled.

My heart is wrestless (sp?) & my mind is reeling with so many what should be's but aren't....and a bunch of nonsense. Such as I really want to paint the walls & the floors. FYI we have concrete floors & walls in all but one room of the house. Yep, that proved pretty much an adventure when J was learning to walk.

Other things on my mind include...I need a liscense, we need a new car, I want a house, Justus needs to potty train, Sam deserves a raise, my toenails are ugly, the laundry is almost caught up- ha what a joke like that will ever happen. Etc., Etc, Etc.

Here are some more...if I lose 10lbs I'll look much better; what color will Zeke's eyes be??, will I ever get good at devos? it's time to take the pool down, now who's gonna do it? Does God hear me tonight??? What's next????

3 comments:

Jamie said...

You sound like me lately girl. Take a deep breath, one thing at a time and don't forget to hug your kids as often as possible... that is what gets me through tough days when questions won't stop swirling through my head.

dana said...

I agree with Jamleah. I have had nights like that. And let me just say on one thing... the potty training thing, don't rush him. Jesse just now (in the last 2 months) is completely potty trained. He has been during the day for about a year now, but at nite it has only been a few months. Don't rush it, J and you will both know when it is time. Boys always take longer and give yourself a break. It will happen, as will the entire list, just breathe. love ya

Mel said...

Man- what was the deal last night...I was up till 4 pouring my heart out in an email. I guess that is life but it always helps to know you aren't the only Christian wondering if God is listening. I would totally go crazy creative with a concrete floor. We have a concrete landing when you walk into the side door before you go downstairs and I painted it green then painted a rug on it- love it- but to have an open canvas as big as a room- fun fun fun! Thanks for being honest....