Thursday, March 15, 2007

Home Improvements

Last week we started working on our house. The first half of the week was taken up by gathering supplies & rearranging our house. We had to move a portion of our stuff out of the room so that nothing was on the floor. So now on third of our basement apartment is tiled & it looks fantastic or as Justus says "Bantastic".

For those of you who don't know we basically live in a concrete rectangle aka an unfinished basement. The rectangle is divided into three sections. Anyways the part that you walk directly into now has a fresh coat of paint & a nice tile floor. And I am SO excited!!!!! It's always nice to have a feeling of accomplishment.

We have changed things around a bit & now I want to paint the bedroom. Eventually the entire basement will be finished. Complete with a bathroom & real walls and all that normal stuff. Hopefully we'll be in our own place by then but for now I am happy with our improvements!

Last week we also had my grandmothers 70th birthday party and our youth had their second basketball game. I took the boys for the first time-----disaster!!!! Sam was coaching so he couldn't help at all. Thankfully some church members were there & my brother Josh as well so I wasn't completly out of sorts. I won't be taking the boys again!

Well reading over this my week doesn't sound very full but believe me I stayed busy! Oh yeah, we made time to go see a movie. We went to see 300. It was a decent movie. But not one I would see with our youth for sure! It's rated R for some sexuality & nudity and of course battle scenes. We almost took my 15 year old brother Jacob.....he would have missed several 15 minute scenes! I'm glad he ended up doing something else!

I also have to say that I have the BEST three year old in the world!!!!!!! He's just awesome!!!!

As soon as I find our computer cords I'll post some pics of our changes!

1 comments:

Nicole said...

i'm anxious to see pictures!