Thursday, May 22, 2008

Emergency Phone

For the next week & a half Sam has the church's new emergency cell phone. Everyone in the church has the number. So basically he is on call for a while. I'm not thrilled with this idea! Most people already have his cell phone number because it's in the church directory. So we get calls of all kinds consistently. I guess we don't really have a choice in the matter but I am hoping that people will use common sense and only call in case of emergency. Only time will tell. I also think there should be some compensation for this but that is just wishful thinking. Ministry is a 24/7 life, you can't really turn it off. It's not a 9-5 job. You all can relate. Life doesn't stop just because you need some quiet time or hubby time, or anything else.

1 comments:

Staci said...

I could say a lot about this, but it would only fuel your fire ;-) so I will be quiet and pray...
not gonna go there... want to, but I won't. Gonna stop right now. This is me stopping.... not talking not commenting on this concept... okay I'm finished.