Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Tonight was interesting. Aubrey & I get the kids in the van all buckled up and the van won't start. My dad tries to jump the battery and it wasn't working. I was just dreading finding out what could possibly be wrong ; I always expect the worse. So we hear this ticking and it's coming from the fuse box. We take a look and fiddle with it a bit & try to jump it off again. Eventually we got it started. SO then we're trying to decide if we should go to the Y or not. We vote yes! The ticking stopped so we went ahead. No ticking when we get to the Y so we think all is well. So we come back out to go home and the ticking is back. Again, I expect the worse. My dad comes, jumps the van and we head out the parking lot, it cuts off again. No power, no lights, no nothing. Not exactly a good way to try and come home. We finally got in touch with Sam at the ballpark and he headed our way. He suggested that we try to tighten the connectors to the batteries......ALL IS WELL. OK, now that's stupid. I guess any other time we would have tried that first but the ticking threw us off. I sincerly HOPE that that's all it was since a car repair would cancel our trip all together and Sam will be gone for 6 days. I don't want to be homebound that entire time! PS I still don't know what the ticking was but my guess is the it was just trying to connect to the power source.

0 comments: