Monday, September 01, 2008

So, this weekend didn't turn out to be as busy as I expected. Sam & I were going to go to a highschool football game but I wasn't feeling up to it so he went with my brother Josh. Carson High School is the newest in our county & they have a horrible track record. They had NO wins until this Friday when they beat North 36-0.....finally a win after a two year losing streak!

Saturday we planned to go to the flea market, again we didn't make it. Instead we stayed around the house & ordered chinese for supper. YUMMY!

Sunday we didn't get home from church until 2 & went right back up there for our church picnic. The boys had a blast!!! They had a giant slip n slide, pickle eating contest, a lots of good food. I'm glad we weren't busy on Saturday cause I was wiped out by Sunday night.

ANyways, today we went to Chic-fil-a, if you wore a team shirt (football) you got 3 free chicken strips! That cut our bill almost in half so we had a yummy cheap lunch! The boys played in the indoor playground for a while and then we headed to the library, which was closed. If I had actually thought about it I would have remembered that they are closed on most holidays. We also took the boys to the arcade to 'play' so video games. Most of the time they just run from game to game & so we get out pretty cheap on that end. Our last stop was at Walmart--the dreaded store!!! WE got in and out as fast as possible!

We're grilling tonight for supper---I know, we're SOOOOO creative! And the Y isn't open tonight. I'm a bit bummed about that just because that's when I have my best quiet time. Maybe tommorrow.

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

I forgot about the Chick-fil-a thing! Errr.

Nicole said...

did you win the pickle eating contest? LOL

Staci said...

I would like to check out the flea market near winston some time if you are game to go. I have two double strollers so if you want to tackle it one weekend we can!