Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I've got a gripe~

Most of you are familiar with Freecycle- it's a great way to get FREE things that you need. Today a lady posted a bed & futon mattress. Both of which we have been looking for & need. Immediately I ask for more info. because Sam is available NOW to go get the items. And these things don't stick around for long! We get no response. So, the only detail we have is the name of the road. Mapquest list several of these road; which ended up being the same road but in sections. Mapquest is wierd. Anyways~ The guys head out to look for the bed stuff and look for 20+ minutes up & down the street. Never found it. The lady finally writes: " THanks for 20 responses in 30 min." but no details as to where in the heck to look. So gripe one---we wasted gas LOOKING for something we needed but couldn't find. And two---she wouldn't even give us a frame of reference on where to look. SO, am I asking to much or is she giving to little?

3 comments:

Nicole said...

did she post it and say come and get it? or did she tell YOU you could have it? i'm missing something here.

i had a similar incident happen. i replied to an offer and i didn't hear anything. then the next thing i see was an TAKEN listed by her so i assume someone else beat me to it... THEN she sends me a email the next day saying... when was I coming? i was confused... but we figured it out... her email back to me had gotten tossed into my spam box

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gretchen said...

I agree with ya.