Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Changes. That's the name of the game these days. Yesterday & today I had interviews to work at Nazareth with Sam. The first one was a breeze and the second one today was with both Sam and I together. It ended up being more conversation than interview. Things seem to be going smoothly toward getting the job with the exception that I don't have my license. Which is a requirement.


SOOOOOOO. I'm practicing driving. It's nerve racking. And today I drove with my babies in the car. The first time was a success. (not wonderful but I wasn't in tears afterwards either.) But this afternoon we went to get a prescription from CVS. And our lovely windshield wiper switch is on the same side as the blinkers. Take a moment....I'm attempting to turn...and click on the correct blinker...left or right whichever way I needed to go when I miraculously turn of the flipping wind shield wipers. Attempt to pull over out of the way(so I can turn of the dang wipers) but in the process I am not in position to go through the CVS drive thru ....so I need to back up. My current driving nemesis. BIG mistake to do while already flustered. Nothing terrible happened. I did hit the curb. Scary as crap. But the rest of the way home I just was on emotion overload & not driving my best. The end. It wasn't fun. But in the end still somewhat a success....b/c no one got hurt. Or dead.

2 comments:

Staci said...

Oh girl, I'm so proud of you. I still run over curbs! LOL. It happens to the best of us. Keep at it and I hope you land the job and it works out great for you!

Nicole said...

Awe... we all have bad driving experiences. It gets better! Hang in there - I'm so proud of you for sticking with it!