Friday, May 27, 2005

My birthday

Well, let's start my saying last night was a LONG night! Justus was up every three hours. So by 8:30 I was exhausted! But Justus was ready to go...get up, get up he kept saying! Sam & I tried to convince him to go back to sleep but that of course didn't work. So Sam decided to take Justus with him to work this morning at the church so guess what I did??? Yep I went back to sleep until noon!!! I only woke up then because I had to go to the bathroom...I know thanks for sharing. Sorry bout' that.

When I went upstairs mom asked me if I wanted to go eat lunch so we headed out to eat & met my sis during her lunch break. After that we stopped by the church to water the plants, & rose bushes mom and Jake have been working on. They are super pretty, I'll have to get a pic for you Crystal. Then off to water pastors garden, they're out of town for a couple of weeks.

Then we thought we would go home but I suggested we stop by a kids thrift store. OOOOPPPPs! That is never a good thing, usually my eyes are bigger than my pocketbook. This trip was no exception. We got some play clothes for all four kids & found a pack & play for baby Jaiden. The tag said $45. Yikes. I asked for a price reduction & got the price down to $30. Not too bad, it is really nice. We of course had to take it over to Bethany. We spent the next half hour there, & then tried to go home.

That didn't work either, mom remembered she had to stop by a friends house for a minute. This was another half hour side trip. Good thing Sam had Justus, or we'd have been in big trouble! We finally made it home at 5:30, & all I thought I was gonna do is have lunch. What was I thinking??? I had fun getting out of the house, it was a nice change!

Wait a minute the days not over. When I got home it was time to take Justus to Nana Sue's house so we could go out. I was worried how he would be since he's been sick. More on that later. Then Sam took me to Zaxby's a chicken place similar to Guthrie's. We were in a hurry to make it to the movie. We watched Madegascar....not sure how to spell it but it was funny. Another movie with adult jokes that kids will still enjoy.

Then off to walmart to spend my birthday money..thanks abby & mom/dad. I had $20 & decided to get what I wanted...nail polish, flip flops-yes flips flops. & some sleeping pants!!! Yeah-that was fun! Then we went to get the munchkin. He was sleeping after a crying jag. Poor nana sue. When we got home there was strawberry cobbler & homemade ice cream waiting. I was spoiled today. Thank God for family & friends.

Well this has been the best day in a long time! I needed it after this long month! Thanks for all the cards & phone calls. Emails, etc. You all made it special! (26th)

4 comments:

~Crystal~ said...

I didn't know it was your birthday or I would have sent you a card! Well HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I glad you got to get out for awhile.
What you spent your $20 on, is exactly what I have bought on my Bday before. But since my Bday is in December, I got house shoes instead of flip flops.
I know what it's like for money to be tight & when you get even just $20 to spend on yourself, it's fun to try to get a few things with the money. And especially stuff like nail polish! :)

Vickie said...

Happy Birthday Tiff. Love ya!! Vickie

Staci said...

Happy Birthday Tiff... Hope you got your package...

native-nc said...

Did get the package-abby. :) Thanks!