Thursday, July 28, 2005

100 Degrees

I know that it doesn't sound very hot to ya'll down in Texas but it's been six years since we've hit 100 degrees around here. If it would have hit 101 we would have broken a 1940's record. Guess there is always tommorrow to try & do that. All the plants in the garden are starting to wilt. The AC has frozen several times. And people are out of power b/c everyone is using the AC. More people died last year in NC b/c of heat than of lightning, car accidents & hurricane/tornados together. That's almost 600 people who died from heat stroke or something related. I hope that the power company can get the air turned on quick! We fortunately still have power.

The water in the pool today felt like bathwater, not very refreshing but Justus didn't care. He was just glad to get out of the house! He's been driving me crazy all day long. He climbed into his crib & got mad when he couldn't get out. It right beside our bed so he usually jumps out of his & onto ours. Well he decided to be adventerous(sp?) and climb out on the other side. He landed with a thud hard head against hard concrete. I was sure I would see blood when I rounded the corner. But no, that head is hard as a rock. Thank Jesus he is safe. And now I'm glad it's almost time for bed my nerves are frayed!

ps Staci's birthday is Sat., don't forget!

1 comments:

Jamie said...

We haven't hit the actual 100 degree mark... but the heat index has gotten past 110 because of the stinking humidity!