Saturday, July 02, 2005

Always at work

The other night I was considering writing a letter to my brother as Jamie suggested. I got emotional just thinking about what I would say and how I could state these powerful emotions in a way that I wouldn't regret later and that would leave room for healing in our relationship. I had plenty of conversation with the Father that night. In fact I was still awake at 3am, knowing that we had to get up at 7:30 the next morning.

One thing that God reminded me was that we are all only human. It is really easy the blame most of this destruction on our former pastor b/c he let us go and his manner of doing so was anything but christian. But I came to the realization that really I'm not much different than him. For example: I have lied to make myself look better, manipulated to get my way, etc.

Although I don't consider myself to be selfish in those ways anymore I know that God has taken me a long way from where I used to be. (and of course is still working) I have asked God why he allows this man to be in a leadership position of any kind. The answer- he works it all for good. It's so hard to understand but God's word doesn't return VOID; ever. I realize that in all things God's will is going to be accomplished no matter what we as men do.

Whenever I contemplate the what if's of my life I end up being thankful to be right here where God has me. Even if I don't like it. He is so gracious to remind me that he is Faithful. And that is the one thing in my life that never changes. You see, he is always at work.

(I still haven't wrote the letter yet, but am warming to the possibility.)

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Write the letter... if you let this go on any longer you will have regrets... swallow your pride girl!

native-nc said...

It's not pride that keeps me back, rather pain & fear.

Jamie said...

Hey, write a 'rough draft'... then you can edit, re-word, pray over, etc. I have been exactly where you are, girl (not with a pastor, but another similar sort of situation). I will be praying.