Saturday, July 16, 2005

Excuses, excuses

Ouch!! That hurt. OK, I know that in part it is just an excuse. But maybe in part I didn't fully explain the situation. I WANT TO GO TO CHURCH! I DON'T want to sit in the nursery every time I go. Justus WON'T stay in the nursery. And since the nursery and the sactuary are only seperated by a small hallway & two walls the workers WON'T let him just scream it out.

I've worked in daycare so I know kids adjust. I'm willing to let that happen but others aren't. And really I don't mind working in the nursery; even several times a month but Wed. seem a waste to me. At least at this point in the game.

I do agree that being there more often might make it easier for J to adjust, but I don't want to be taken advantage of. Which is what was happening when I did go. Everyone dropped off their kid & got to go to church while I sat there with their children wishing I could be part of an adult conversation.

Yes I know you're hearing more excuses but be patient. I might talk myself into trying one more time, with the help of YOU my friends! So, THANKS for hearing me out!

2 comments:

prftpeace said...

I totally understand about NEEDING adult conversation. And I understand about wanting to be out of the nursery and in the service---you need to be fed, too!! Your cup is empty and you need to be filled---don't stress about this. This sounds like condemnation---from others---not conviction from God. It is a season you are going through and sometimes you need to do what is best for you. Let the Holy Spirit lead--he won't steer you wrong.

Nicole said...

sorry i didn't mean to come across as abrupt (sp) as I did... I love ya.

p.s Tommy's son Will cries everytime he's around babies... they moved him up a room in the nursery and he's fine... he likes the older kids... maybe the babies make J nervous b/c the cry.