Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Was I rude?

OK..we have a new nursery coordinator at church. She's doing a great job!!! But seems a little pushy to me. Justus is now in the 18-3yr. class & I teach his class once a month on Sundays. It's absolute chaos. I don't like it at all & there are 7 kids in a tiny room. Granted, this is all my point of view.

I got the calendar for this month that told me which Sunday was mine to teach. She had scheduled me for a Wed. & a Sunday. One day of torture is enough for me!!! I called & left a message that I don't go to church on Wed. so she needed to find someone else.

Was I rude??? I can't really explain how much I would actually like to go to church myself. But J won't stay in class. So I have given up on going to church on Wed. until he will stay on Sundays. Maybe I'm not really trying. IT's just frustrating to take an hour to get ready & then just sit in they nursery for the next 2-3 hours. Justus hates it & that makes it more frustrating.

They are planning to expand the room & I think that will help a lot. Kids have too much energy to be pent up in such a little space.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I've started over several times... I'm trying to find the right words.

First. Does this lady know you don't go to church on Wednesdays??? Maybe she thought as a YP's wife you should be there.

Second. I don't go to church on Wed either b/c it never seems to get out on time and during the school year its rough on jessica... and even for my hubby who gets up at 4:30am every day. BUT we were asked to keep the nursery... I asked when we were needed and she said Wednesday nights... so we're keeping it once a month on wednesday nights :)

Third. It's only ONCE a month on Wednesdays... you might get Justus used to being there and eventually you can get in the habit of going.

Love ya girl!

Nicole said...

to answer your question...

No you weren't rude... just making excuses ;)

~Crystal~ said...

I agree with what Nicole said. You weren't rude. But she did probably think you would be there.
Also, Justus may not like the nursery, but it will be good for him to go in there when you don't work it, he needs time away from Mommy & Mommy needs time away from Justus.

Jamie said...

While I understand what Nicole and Crystal are saying and even agree up to a point... I have a different view. Tres ( 2 1/2)loves the nursery and we had little problems with the transition. But Bryant (1) still screams for 5-10 minutes after I leave and probably 2 Sundays out of a month, Hank or I end up sitting in lobby with him. On those Sundays I find myself thinking, why do I even try. But on a good Sunday, it is so refreshing. No interruptions, no distractions.
I don't think it was rude to tell the nursery coordinator you can only do once a month... I know a lot of people who regularly put their kids in the nursery and NEVER volunteer (don't get me started on that!). However, you know your limits and the limits of your child.
And... keep in mind, Tiffani, this is only for a season in your life. That's what I have to tell myself often. The nursery coordinator at my church keeps telling me that one day it will just click and he will be fine... so I'm praying for that day.
OK, enough with the novel!