Thursday, August 18, 2005

Just one Minute

After a million NO!'s, Please, & Stops! I had had enough. So when Sam finally got home from work he volunteered to take Justus for a minute. And that's exactly how much time I got before I heard a frustrated daddy. Sam had taken Justus upstairs to warm up some food. Somehow Justus got ahold of mom's bleach & the top wasn't on there properly. He dumped it all over himself & just barely missed his eyes. THANK GOD, who was watching over my baby that he didn't get hurt! Bleach can do some serious damage. I'm not really sure why the bleach was within his reach. I can't really blame anyone. One thing I have learned for sure is that you can't protect them from everything. There is always some danger that goes unnoticed by the naked eye. However our Heavenly Father watches over us. sighhhhhh. Thank you Jesus for your protection tonight!

I threw him in the tub & he had his regular water fix while I washed him down & inspected for burns or skin irritation. NOT a scratch, burn or anything out of place. Yeah! Safe baby!

4 comments:

Staci said...

That is scary!!! I know one time when I was keeping Jeshua- I took my eyes off of him for a few minutes, and I thought he was in His bedroom, but he was quietly playing in the laundry room with you guessed it "LAUNDRY DETERGENT!" I got so upset- It was powder, I had to clean it all up- he was having a blast. I check his mouth- and no signs of soap- but it was a scare....

Vickie said...

I bet you aged a good year or too, huh?

Jamie said...

I get so worried when mine get quiet! I would much rather have a noisy house that way I can gage where they are and what they are doing!

native-nc said...

Yes, a big scare. I know when it gets quiet somethings going on...climbing on the stairs, coloring himself, there's always something to get into.