Thursday, September 01, 2005

Surviving

Yesterday we went to my gma's in South Carolina. My aunt was there from New Orleans. This was a planned visit so I consider it that God was reaching out to her. She, her daughter & boyfriend are all non christians. We waited with her as she waited for her daughter, my cousin Julie & boyfriend Bill to arrive(aun't boyfriend). They were in NO when the mandatory evacuation was announced & went to Jackson.MS to ride out the storm.

Because they live in the city all the pictures of the devestation are that much more real. They need Jesus in a bad way. My aunt & here boyfriend are relocating to Birmingham b/c he has an additional office there. It will be a big change. My aunt is person who give massages, and does manicures & pedi's. A cosmetologist so to speak. She has to get a copy of her liscense from Baton Rouge before she can get a job & find out if Al requires any addtional training.

They only have two changes of clothes to their names! Thank God they are alive!

I have another uncle who lived in NO with his wife & two boys. They are relocatting to New Jersey where her family is. My uncle Rob is a reserve police officer so he will have to return soon. They also need Jesus, I hope this is a wake up call!! We're praying!!!
Anyone else with displaced family members???

2 comments:

Nicole said...

hopefully they'll recognize this planned vacation as being God's way of looking out for them. I'm glad they are safe.

Jamie said...

I agree... God's wake up call is different for everyone. Maybe one of the millions of purposes for this tragedy was to bring your relatives to a saving knowledge of Christ!