Monday, October 17, 2005

Top 5 Christmas Traditions

#1 Exchange ornaments; see staci's blog for more details
#2 Bake like it's going out of style; sharing past memories while doing it
#3 Get up early the day after Thanksgiving & shop the deals; just for the fun of it.
(Sam and I starting doing this when we were in OH & had no family to hang with. There are SO many people there; it's always fun).
#4 Get a tree & decorate it Thanksgiving Day. Since we always get a real tree we have to wait until then. Otherwise it dies too fast!
#5 Open stockings on Christmas Eve. For me this is the most fun b/c you can really get some cool gifts that fit into a stocking. For example I saw an ad today on TV for some cute scarves $1 at the dollar tree. Nice gift, nice price. Emmm...makes me smile just thinking about it!

There are more traditions around here but I want to know what yours are. If you've already written on Stack's thats cool, I 'll just look there. Fun,fun,fun...I LOVE CHRISTmas too!!!

2 comments:

~Crystal~ said...

I posted some on Staci's blog, but I'll add few more here. :)
Ever since I was little we always get new PJ's for Christmas & that is the 1 gift we get to open on Christmas Eve.
Ever since they came out, I get the new Lucy Barbie & a Lucy Calendar.
Santa comes riding on top of a firetruck through the neighborhoods on Christmas Eve, so we keep an eye out for him & when we see him coming we walk to the street & wave. It always fun!
I'm sure I have more....

Staci said...

Thanks for listing your traditions. I can't wait for Christmas!!! I look forward to seeing you and the fam.