Monday, October 17, 2005

What's up with me

Well as I've mentioned before Sam & I don't get much time together. You ALL can relate I know. One of the things I read in an article from our MOPS group (mothers of preschoolers) suggested writing a journal back & forth between husband & wife. I thought it was a good idea so I'm (we're) gonna try it for a while. What do you do to stay in touch with your man????

Justus is getting bigger all the time. He weighs almost 30 pound now! His feet are humogous(sp)! The kid is wearing a size 6 & their almost too small. His clothes are 2t & 3t. He isn't even 2 yet!!! All that aside, he lots of fun and talking his own language more every day. This is a very fun and strenuous age.

AS for me, I'm feeling more like myself than I have in a long time. Quiet time is better than it has been in a while. And I'm trying to reach out & be a part more in our church.

I guess that is my update for now. Love to you all. And thanks for the prayers for my mom! Keep em' coming!

2 comments:

Staci said...

Chris and I started a journal back when we were in Masters. We never talked on the phone- in fact it was strange to do so for a while, because we didn't know what to say! We were so use to writing. I still have the journal in my fire box. Its one of the most preciuos things I own. We started it because obviously having a "real" realationship in Masters was more Drama then what it needed to be, so we played it low key, and really got to know each other in the three months that we had before graduating. I can honestly say that Chris and I knew each other better than most couples that had dated all 9 months! So I am all for journaling. We have not done one since then, but its a good idea. Chris and I spend a lot more time together than most couples. So I'm not one to give ideas. I'm sure once the baby is here, I'll need some advice on keeping our family a family! I have learned not to talk to Chris in bed, or late at night. Poor guy he just can't stay awake. Although you know me girl- I love to stay up late and talk... remember all those sleepless nights??? Growing up??? WOW... I can't even number them. Oh well. Give it a try and tell me if it works for you guys.
Sorry this is so long... I guess we need to call each other more often!

Jamie said...

Hank and I TRY to schedule a date night at least once a month. Even if funds are low, we can get my parents to watch the kids and do something cheap. Also we make sure the kids get in bed by 9 so we can have some 'adult' time at night. And we talk on the phone at least 5 times a day.