Sunday, November 13, 2005

How TO

Has anyone seen the commerical from Lowes improvement store about their HOW TO clinics??? (Lowes is like HOME DEPOT).
Well I saw the add & looked online to see what they were teaching. This past saturday was how to decorate & make a wreath.

I can decorate a tree pretty well but am pretty shakey on the wreath part. I thought it would be fun so a couple of us girls sign up, get babysitters(daddys). We all went to breakfast together & headed that way.

WHen we got there we had no idea where to go.(no directions) So we asked at the front desk. The "manager" told us where to go. We get back there & its a man standing there. No table, supplies, etc. I asked again where to go. He said here.

I asked what we would be doing....& I quote: "We're going to show you how to fluff your tree & show you the decorations we have for sale". I was ticked!!!!!!!! This took planning!!!!!!!

Well the manager heard all about it & said there was supposed to be a lady back there to help. We walked back there but when the mystery lady didn't show up after 15 minutes we talked to the manager again.

I think she was embarrassed. My mom politely mentioned that next year she would teach the class if they didn't have anyone else qualified.

After that fiasco we all went shopping again. And then came home for dinner. YUMMMMMMM!

3 comments:

~Crystal~ said...

Next go to Home Depot they actually do their classes. :)

Staci said...

I can see your mom doing that. I remember going to your house when I was a teen and watching her do her magic- with her bows, and how she wrapped every gift with such care, and could make the coolest thing. She is a true susie homemaker. I'm sure you have a lot of that same talent.

Jamie said...

Sounds a bit frustrating, but fun in the end!!