Sunday, February 12, 2006

No more tears

Let' catch up. Well on Thursday I was pretty busy most of the day with Justus & then at 2 o'clock I left with Katrina (pastor's wife) & Mrs. Barbara( another p.'s wife) to go to where the pastors & council were having retreat this weekend. UHHHH..we packed a lot into one weekend. Anyways we made dinner for everyone and that was a few fun hours.

We made blackened chicken, with alfredo sauce. Pasta, rolls, & steamed veggies. Strawberry shortcake for dessert! Then we talked about upcoming events. Had devotions & that kind of thing. IT was nice to do something "adult" uninterupted. Of course, I was more than ready to get back to my little fella.

Sam & the other pastors stayed there until Saturday afternoon. Friday night some convict came running threw our yard while Jacob was outside playing basketball with a friend. He told them not to tell anyone that they saw him. UM, yeah right!. We called the sherriff & they were looking for the guy. Within minutes 4 sherriffs cars were in our front yard. They even brought out the the dogs to catch his trail. I didnt sleep to well without sam being here.

On saturday I stayed in bed for a while & then got up to work on stuff for valentasia. That took forever & at 3 o'clock we went to the church to do some prep work . And today was valentasia.

My first banquet "on my own" with out my mom being there to direct everyone. It went pretty well & we got lots of compliments, which is always nice. Here was our menu:

Appetizer: It was a cream cheese based spread served with trisciut crackers
Salad: Hearts of Romaine with pecans, moz/parm cheese, a few peppers & some kind of vinegarette dressing
Yeast Rolls
Entree: Chicken Cordon Bleu, glazed carrots, green bean almondine & mashed potatoes
Dessert: Chocomint Dream Cake....very tasty!

IT went very well & i'm so thankful for all the help I had. There were about 20 workers. Teens & a sprinkle of adults.

Two incidents happened. The first one was a flower arrangement caught on fire. And Sam pulled a McCrary(sp) & picked it up with his bare hands. He has a few spots of second degrees burns. Pray for quick recovery. And less pain!

The second was that a tray of the chicken got left out of the oven . SO a few people had to wait for their food. That made me SO mad but it's just one of those things that happens! All in all it was a sucess.

Tommorrow I have a doc. appointment. I don't want to go b/c I'm too tired to shave my legs...just in case. I guess I should go huh??? After that we have to take sam to get meds for his hands. And then I have a valentine's party to take Justus to.

Tuesday is Valentine's Day & then wednesday is Justus' 2nd birthday. Then thursaday-survivor, CSI, maybe without a trace. Friday we hope to get our taxes done. And Saturday is J's birthday party. So if you dont here from me for a few days, you will know Im just playing catch up.

ps Sorry for your scare Nicole. But at least now the boys aren't breech. Good for you to Staci!!! All things in God timing. Love you all & hope to talk to you soon!!!

3 comments:

Staci said...

About the ulstra sound picture...No, its just the normal one- but its at almost 31 weeks- and most people see their babies at 20 weeks. So its just so much bigger!

Glad you survived the week and the valentasia... Chris use to do those in Mississippi- we have not adventured into that just yet for our group here. I know its a lot of work, and we stay busy enough as it is not to add more to the list!

Happy Early Birthday Justus! I remember when you were born- I was in MEXICO!!!

I can't wait to see you in June- I miss you bunches... love you girl. Have a good week!

Nicole said...

Happy Valentines Day!!!

Happy Birthday Justus!!

I love you guys!

dana said...

well they only had one filling, but they wanted to do x-rays and a cleaning too so... it wasn't like Jesse's involved procedure, that was rough but he is very apprehensive with any kind of dr. so that made things worse for him. She did good, walked right away with the nurse, she was ok, until they put her in that papoose, then she knew something was up. I wanted them to sedate her cuz she was going to be in that papoose for awhile and I didn't want her to be traumatized, I even said that to the dr. but she told me Emma is still so young, and the stuff they were going to do wouldn't take too long, so it would be better to not sedate her and just numb her and do it. I was kinda worried about it, and I am not sure if this will affect when she goes back just for a regular checkup, but we will see. I hate the dentist, but I don't say that in front of them, I want to set a good example, so I told them "mama is going to the dentist, and he is going to make my tooth feel all better, and I am not scared of him, he is nice" so... we will see how things turn out. You should take him in just for a cleaning and checkup, get him started on the road to not being afraid to go, and that will make things easier. love ya