Tuesday, June 06, 2006

sick house

Justus is still sick!!! And I'm sick of sick!!! It is so strange because he is fine, then not. Fine, then not. I bought some of that OUST air sanitizer. I don't actually think it works but all I could smell was puke. And that was NOT good.

We finished out the weekend pretty well. As we were walking out the door Justus puked on Sam. My mom was kind enough to still keep him. There is no way I'd even think of asking anyone else watch my sick baby. How cruel would that be for all involved. He did pretty well. Until that night about 3am; all over the bed. Thankfully there were clean sheets available!

On Sunday I stayed home from church with Justus but did go to the diaper shower. Those ladies made me laugh until I cried. It was a lot of fun. While I was gone he puked twice more. Sam had enough so we took him to the doctor on Monday. I had been in contact with the doctor throughout the week & tried a few different things.

When we saw the doctor she said that he had a mild case of what she had been seeing. WOW; how encouraging that a mild case lasts a week long. But since it's a virus just to let it run its course. Give him pepto bismol every 4-6 hours & do the BRAT (bananas, rice, applesauce & toast) diet. Geeze- what a wealth of information. Couldn't they tell me that over the phone instead of having to come in?? Aaaahhhhhh.

So, no puke or other symptoms all day Monday. And today Sam decides that Justus can have a cheeseburger. Remember the BRAT diet??? NO cheeseburgers allowed. Justus goes down for nap. Sam goes to work & I start supper. All of a sudden I hear screaming. I knew something was up. The carpet, his blanket, clothes...etc are covered in puke. I reach down to try & calm him & I get it too!!!!!!!

Steam is coming from my ears & dirty words are abundant in my head. I tried to stay calm so I can get Justus stripped and in the bathtub. Hoping that while he is in there I can get it all cleaned up. Well, that didn't happen. But I did get the trail from the basement , up the stairs & into the bathroom disinfected before he was ready to get out. Once he was dressed I started in on the carpet & put the yukka clothes and stuff in the washer.

And hour or so later he is hungry & I'm like BRAT-that's all you're gonna a get which he of course doesn't want. He wants grapes, milk, anything but the BRAT kind of stuff. I let him wait a little bit and he finally agreed to some toast. So far, so good but the night isn't anywhere close to being over. Any my tiny pregnant nerves are almost non-existent at this point. So please pray for Justus & Sam. And maybe me too if you're feeling generous.


Today was the last day for MOPS until school starts back up again. We did a tea party. It wasn't totally fru-fru & lots of fun but still nice and a change from the ordinary. I am glad for the break and hope to be able to go back next year. I'm not sure how it will work with two kiddos though.

Thursday Staci gets here!!!!! Hope I can escape the sick house & get out for some time with her & Cloe. We probably won't se e each other until sometime next week. She always has TONS of people to see & I want to make sure that the sick house is long gone by then!!!! I also have a doctors appointment that day but it's just the regular boring weigh in & all that jazz. I let you know if anything exciting happens.

Friday we have an school's out party for our youth (12-4). Then after that I'd like to watch a movie or something. Anyone have any suggestions for something good?? Already seen PRIDE & PREJUDICE(3xs). IT's one of my favorite books & I really like the new movie version. I will probably buy it eventually.

Sorry that this is forever long but who knows what will happen in the next few days. Life can be so unpredictable. Love each of you!!!.

3 comments:

native-nc said...

Oh yeah, just so you know I wasn't calling J a BRAT. I was talking about the brat diet.

dana said...

lol, I knew you were talking about the diet. hope you guys are feeling better. i will say a prayer for ya's. Love ya, try to take it easy

~Crystal~ said...

Poor little guy, but bless your heart! Puke is one of the worst things to have to deal with.
whatever it it, it's going on around here too. D & I haven't had it, but lots of other family has.

As far as movies go here's a list:

Memoirs of a Geisha
Last Holiday
Rumor Has It
Fun With Dick & Jane