Tuesday, August 29, 2006

What's new?



Well, it seems everyone is tired of looking at the 'visitor' aka the freaking bat! I am too; so here's what's going on around here. HUM.....

The kids are growing! The lil'one weighed in at almost 12lbs yesterday. And J will probably hit the 40 mark by Christmas. YIKES.

Sam & I are praying about some serious changes that have to be made. This is exciting to me b/c it usually hits each of us at different times. So it's nice that we're finally on the same page. Now we just have to continue seeking God's will & get to work. I know this information is pretty vague but I do covet your prayers. So if you think of us please send up a prayer!

We're planning a maquerade ball at church! I wasn't really that interested at first but now I'm excited. The whole point of it is to do something that the community can enjoy. Since the dancing reality shows have been such a hit our EC director decided this would be a good way to draw people in. It's kind of scary b/c we don't know what to expect.

We also have a consignment sale coming up in a couple of weekends. I sold some stuff last year that I absolutely did not like. Funny thing is someone liked it b/c I made over $60. This year I am helping with set-up & such so that should prove for a busy week.

Sam & I will celebrate our 6th anniversary next weekend. WOW- time really does fly. And somehow 30 doesn't seem old but rather just the starting point. Can I get a witness???

I've also been thinking of fall & Christmas. We looked at christmas stuff for Justus the other day. All the "good" toys are expensive so layaway it is. This is also another reason I'm ready for the consignment sale. We've got to do a clearance in the toy department for Justus. Everyone & their brother gives him toys. I mean we could buy only one toy for christmas & he'd still end up with 10+ new toys....where are we going to put them all??? Would it be bad to request less toys for my son? A saving account would be better, right???

Ezekeil is waking up---gotta go!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

The toys problem is universal, girl. But people will buy toys even if you ask them not too!!

I will definitely be praying for you. Hank and I are seriously praying about changes in ourlives as well. So I feel you and having someone else to pray for is a nice distraction!

Gretchen said...

Toys!! Ugg. They drive me nuts sometimes. My FIL's fiancee buys my youngest toys all the time. Six months ago, I got rid of 6 garbage bags full of toys, cuz I was getting tired of all of them. I still have 2 more to get rid of. Now, whenever she gets him one, we get rid of an older toy. (She doesn't inderstand it when I say~He doesn't need anymore toys!)

I will be praying for you. :)