Monday, June 16, 2008

Summer magic

The lightning bugs were out tonight so I took the kids outside for about twenty minutes, they were running around like mad men chasing & catching the bugs. Ezekiel was the least impressed. Jaiden didn't want to hold them but was very interested. I remember chasing them as a kid so it's fun to watch them and listen to them giggle when one tries to fly away & tickles their hand. They're funny when they are looking at the bugs & trying to figure out how the bugs are making light. IT's just one of the things that make summer magic.

2 comments:

Staci said...

I caught one in the pool the other night to show Chlo but the water was too much and he never would light up, or fly for that matter! I remember catching them as a child too. It was so much fun! It was one of the FEW bugs I could stand. I still like them and lady bugs and that is about it!

Nicole said...

Thats are nightly thing... chasing lightning bugs! But tonight there were 2 bats outside that were freaking me out!