Monday, June 16, 2008

Weekend update~

We had a pretty good weekend. Starting with my sister bringing home her 'friend' who stayed at our house for three hours on Friday afternoon. HE was here when none of our husbands were here and Sam was TICKED that my sister would bring someone over that none of us knew. I think the reason that it was such a big deal to him was b/c of the company my sister keeps. Most of her friends are her clubbing buddies/hangout buddies. I would think that this guy would have a job during the middle of the day. Or at night but since he has been to our house both during the day and night I assume that he is like my sister- unemployed. That might be a rash assumption but maybe not. I guess I should just ask. Anyone got an opinion on this? How would you handle this awkward situation??

Friday evening we went to the softball banquet & Sam did the devotion. Short & sweet just the way I like it. What was awesome to me is the amount of girls who played on this team. There were fifteen or so, not really a ton but that is a lot considering that they are all homeschooled. They were all 'normal' contrary to the view that some people have of homeschoolers. This homeschool groups has teams for eight different sports. And there is also another HS association in our county. All this is good info for me since Sam wants me to homeschool Justus which I am seriously considering doing.

On Saturday I washed all our clothes & they have been sitting on the couch ever since. That was only a day ago but the kids have reeked havoc on them today. Procrastionation is not a good thing when it comes to laundry! We also went to a LEE outlet store, my brother Josh got a new job at a warehouse & now he needs winter clothing b/c it's freezing in there. He found a Northface jacket for only $15 pretty dang good but two sizes to big.....they're getting a new shipment soon so he's hoping they will have his size next time.

Today we had grilled pork loin, mashed potatoes, rolls, broccoli & cauliflower. IT was delish! Followed by brownies for dessert. We usually do take-out for Mother's & Father's Day but no one could decide what to get.

And finally~ I went to CVS. I didn't do all that great but I got stuff I needed and walked out with $18 ECB's. Sam was patient with me but it will take a few 'transactions' for me to get into the swing of things. One question though...I"ve heard you guys talk about $4 off 20 & other deals like that...how do you get them? And do you have any tips for the newcomer?

3 comments:

Staci said...

You forgot to mention that you ran into me there :-) I am so happy you made into CVS to shop! I will hope to see you more often in there! We can hit the 24 hour CVS store some time... heck we can go anytime! LOL

Nicole said...

www.iheartcvs.com

the $4 off $20 is when you register your card on cvs.com and subscribe to emails. currently they have no other coupons like $3/$15 but you can still do alright in there with the ecbs you now have stored.

~Crystal~ said...

Nicole's right iheartcvs, has all the latest coupons. If there are any, she'll have them up.

As far as the 'friend', I would put my foot down on that one. First of all I know it's everyones house, but you have a house with young children. I would make a rule that there are to be no male visitors when there are no men at home. If your sis gets mad, then let her, it's not only safety for you, but for her.