Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Baby News~

I first thought that I might be preggo in July at our beach vacation. In June my cycle was little off so I wasn't sure what to expect in July. SO when I didn't have 'the visit' I was first of all relieved because we were at the beach after all. One night I randomly got nauseous, that was the first red flag. Sam kept asking me every four hours if I had started...he was making me nuts. I finally told him to cut it out & we'd have to wait another week or so to see what was going on. Nothing happened.

We were both excited. Eventually I told my mom because I just couldn't not tell someone...she got my dad to get a pregnancy test. Positive of course! So then we started the process of getting pregnancy medicaid and finding a doctor that I was comfortable with that actually takes medicaid. I had already decided not to go back to the doctors that delivered Ezekiel. I wan't happy when he came out black & blue because I had to wait on the doctor to get there & deliver.

So, last week I FINALLY got to go to the doctor. I was sick to my stomach on the way there. I was crying & getting all flustered. I have had some spotting this time and having to wait so long was really wearing on me. I was afraid that the doctor wouldn't be able to find a heartbeat. I was SO scared! Thankfully my Sammy was there to comfort me & pray with me and tell me everthing was going to be alright. And it was!!!

The doctor found a 'strong' heartbeat. I could have cried all over again but I held it in and said a prayer of thanks to the creator of life. The spotting has stopped & the anxiety is gone! Thank you Jesus! I am supposed to go on Monday for my first sonagram but I'm gonna cancel since Sam will be gone. I will be sixteen weeks by then so I would have been able to find out if this one is a boy or girl. RATS, I have to wait a little longer!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Were you guys trying? I bet you would love to add a little estrogen to the mix, huh?

Staci said...

"Sammy?" I've never heard that before! LOL. Ha- I will have to call him that next time I see him.

Too bad on the baby appointment being changed, but you have a better chance finding out if you wait a few more weeks anyway- so that is good news. I'm hoping for a GIRL!!!! :-)

Gretchen said...

So happy for ya. Hope it's a girl, too. I know what it's like with 3 boys lol