Sunday, January 18, 2009

Restless night~ And weekend update

I had the worst heartburn of my life last night! It made me sick to my stomach. The acceptable antacids did not help one bit. And my stomach was tight all night. Sam had a dream I went into labor & neither one of us rested very well. It was just one of those nights where we laid in bed wishing we were asleep.

Today Sam had to go back to work. Besides being tired he also has a hurt back from helping me move things around in prep for the baby. One of the downfalls of this job is that they don't get sick days. It sounds insane but since he only works 14 (24) days a month I guess they figure if he absolutely has to be off it would count as one of his off days that month. Most of the people there go to work sick & rest during the day when the kids are at work. Saying all that to say I wish he could have stayed home here instead of going to work so his back could recouperate a little more!


On Friday I had the wonderful experience of doing my first & LAST ever (I hope) three hour glucose test. The one hour test is plenty torture enough! By the time the test was over I was light headed, exhausted & starved! That experiene alone was enough motivation to lose some weight after this baby is born. My starting goal will probably be ten pounds. Doesn't sound like much but 10lbs on me makes a huge difference.

The weekend wasn't a total wash! THe weather was cold enough to do the slide & the kids had a blast. This is something that we have done since I was a kid. To the side of our house is the driveway down to my dad's shop. IT's not very steep but just enough that when weather cooperates we can have a bit of fun. We start out by putting old sheets covering the ground. Then spray it with a light layer of water & wait for it to freeze. Repeat the water step until the ice is good enough to slide on.
It looks ridiculous but it's SO much fun; especially for the kids! It has to be pretty cold for it to work. And the ground has to be cold as well otherwise the heat from the ground melts the ice on top.

We also had our home church/ study group & it was great to see everyone again. It's not often that we all can get together at the same time. Because most of us work at the children's home & the work schedules are so random. Fellowship is always uplifting!! And sharing our God experiences are encouraging as well.

And now it's back to the daily grind. Daddy at work. Mommy fat & sassy. And kiddos full of life & energy!

1 comments:

Nicole said...

fat & sassy... love it!