Friday, February 27, 2009

Timeline~

4am Ezekiel wakes up & does not want to go back to sleep. We talk a little and I get him a snack. Back to bed to TRY & get a little sleep.

4:30 Zeke has me cracking up despite the fact that we should be fast asleep. I think I "wet" my pants so I head to the bathroom to clean up. Only when I move the trickle happens again. I realize IT'S TIME!!!!!

So I headed back downstairs & call Sam, who is fast asleep at work. And he asks me---Do I need to come??? LOL. Poor guy was out of it!!! Then I call my mom who calls the hospital for me.

4:45 Sam gets hear and we head to the hospital. The first fifteen minutes of our drive I am OK but then the pain kicked in & I knew we didn't have much time at all!

5:09 They put me in the computer at the hospital, we have offically arrived. The girls wanted to make sure that I was really in labor. They check me & I'm at a 5cm. They 'double team' to get everything ready. But doc isn't there yet.

Ten minutes later I feel the urge to push but the doctor still isn't there. I tell the nurses I'm not going to wait this time so somebody better be ready to catch my baby. I'm ready!!!! And not waiting!!!! I start to push. I'm going to say 5-6 good pushes and there is my little peanut~ Malachi David.

It's 5:33 just a little more than a hour after my water broke. So wierd. My water never broke with Justus or Zeke. The nurse caught the baby cause I just couldn't wait!!!!!

Malachi's poor little face was SO bruised. I only have a few pictures of the delivery room. I guess we were just so amazed that he came so fast we didn't think about taking many pics! My little guy's face is still bruised but looking better every day! Here are a few pics~

Look how purple & red Malachi is.

I love the expression on Nana & Poppa's face! Their first look at grandchild number eight~

Everyone kept calling him 'toe head'. His hair is SUPER blonde & he has plenty of it.

If you look at the color of his hands & then look at his face you can really see the bruising. It has faded quite a bit now.

One last look at my little guy. He looks so much like Justus when he was first born. I'm going to scan in a pick for you to see & compare.

8 comments:

~Crystal~ said...

Good thing you made it too the hospital in time or Sam would have been having to catch that sweet baby.

I can't get over all of his blonde hair. He's gorgeous.

Jamie said...

I am so glad you posted that comment, or I wouldn't have checked your blog this weekend cause I'll be out of town!

He is GORGEOUS! Congratulations to you and to your family and I am glad it was such an easy quick delivery! Praise God.

I love that blonde hair BTW!

Nicole said...

Matthew said... they pick the neatest names!

the girls both said... aweeeee

i said... should have been named nicholas! lol

love ya

dana said...

I would say based on the speed of that, if you go for baby #4 you should be at the hospital a few days early. lol... congrats he is beautiful. I love the blond hair. How big was he?

Staci said...

I was able to see Malachi the day he was born. I love seeing babies that are so fresh! I am glad I go to see Tiff the night that she went into labor! I delivered Mary Kay to her house at 10:30 pm on Monday night. I rubbed her belly and told him it was time to come out! I was shocked when Tiff text me to tell me he was here!!! I would LOVE to have such a fast delivery! Tiff he's goregous. I can't wait to see who he looks more like.

I too love the picture of your parents.... so sweet. Makes me tear up, of course that could be the hormones working too! LOL.

Congrats Girl.

Renee said...

Hey..I saw you on crystals page and thought id come by and check out yours to find out you just had a beautiful baby boy! Congrats!! We had our first in july of lasy year also named him Malachi "Jayce".... your timeline was crazy.... and i thought 4 hours labor was fast...lol

Mel said...

I just want to squeeze him!!! Oh so precious!!

Anonymous said...

profile marshall triad manifesto belong asset silly methadone occur partially nordix
lolikneri havaqatsu