Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day~

For Mother's Day I slept late (9:30ish!) And then got up and did nothing. Sam and my Dad grilled and made lunch. YUMMY grilled chicken, scalloped potatoes, salad. And the boys favorite- Doritos. For dessert our neighbors had brought over Krispy Kreme doughnuts! And my dad bought a cheesecake! And my sister brought a cookie cake. Too many choices.

Then after lunch we rolled out to go and watch Carson's (high school) production of "Footloose". Mom and I are both musical lovers and had a great time watching the kids sing and dance. The "acting" not so much. But overall a very enjoyable way to spend the afternoon.

Sam bought me a Hershey's syrup hand poured candle. And a cute coffee mug. Chocolate colored...it says: Coffee makes it possible to get out of bed. CHOCOLATE makes it worthwhile. Cute huh? That is if you like coffee.

Interesting side note: I didn't drink coffee until having my 3rd child. Still like iced coffee best but usually have a cup or two hot in the AM. Especially if Sam is at work.

2 comments:

Staci said...

Cracker Barrell had those candles, I wanted to see how it smelled burning before buying one. How do you like it? I like iced coffee better too!!!

Becky said...

How wonderfull your memory are going to be when your as old as me. your mother day surounded by the people who care about you.