Tuesday, July 26, 2005

IN response to Nic's latest comment, sorry for my absence. I have been trying to put something up for the past few days. Yesterday I was writing on here & had to take a break. When I came back downstairs there were these black & white shapes all over my computer & nothing would come up. Justus had spotted the unsuspecting computer & attacked it. It took almost an hour to figure out what he had done. I was scared that we might have to take it to be worked on. But alas, my smart husband figured it out!


Let's see, this past week has included two new birth's. Both boys. One was a friend of the family & the other was a highschool friends. Her little one came three weeks early. He was 6lbs. 8oz. Just about the size Justus was. WOW! It's hard to remember how small he was. EMMM what else?

I went to Target & had $20 to spend on a baby gift, I spent $44. That wasn't so good but it was fun spending the money on a little one. That is my biggest weakness. Babies; spending money on babies,etc. I think I want another one but I'm not sure if it's the right time or not. I would like to have a house so the kids could have their own space.

This weekend was my sisters 6th anniversary so mom & I kept the kids. It worked out really well! Brieana stayed downstairs with me, Brandon stayed mostly with Jacob in the pool, and mom kept the baby. I kept sneeking upstairs to play with Jaiden. He is cooing now & smiling. It's so cute! Brieanna only woke up twice during the night & went back to sleep fast. Justus woke up a couple of times too.

The kids were up late Sat. night so they slept late Sunday morning. I got to take a shower all by myself...yea! Justus is usually with me since Sam has to be at church early & go to both services. Sunday am went smooth getting ready for church & I was so relieved! It was also my week to do nursery. It was way better than last month!

There were 6 kids, me & a teen helper. We had twin visitors that were really cute. They knew sign language , it was cool to watch them communicate.(their grandmother is deaf) We talked about what makes you happy & sad. My helper did a puppet show. Only one kid got scared. We sucessfully entertained them & taught what we could. After church we went to Lonestar for lunch, it was OK. Not my favorite for sure!

Traci came over when we got home. She was doing a resume for her fiance Nathan. When she finished we sat on the bed & talked for a few hours. It was great. I liked her but felt like we didn't have much in common. Now I know a few things that we have in common. It was good to get to know her a little better, Nathan & Sam sing in praise & worship band together. And they are both youth leaders. I hope we will get to be better friends.

Today was like most mondays. We went to get groceries since sam has monday morning off. Then he went to the church to try to finish painting the youth room. He wants to finish befor Wed, & surprise the kids. I think they will like the new look. I read a book for a few hours while Justus took a nap. It was a pretty relaxing day.

Then tonight after supper I was cleaning up the dishes. Justus fell off moms exercise bike onto the bricks at the fireplace & busted his head open. I had a small heart attack , then picked him up. Sure enough he was bleeding. We always make him get down off that thing but he is so fast he just gets back on. I figured he would get hurt sooner or later. Thankfully it wasn't to bad. I was OK until I got him calmed down enough to wipe all the blood off his head. It looks gross to me.

It looked like he got stabbed in the head by a pencil. There's a little chunk missing. GROSS!!!!
We cleaned it with peroxide & put neosporin on it. Its too small for stitches. I'll be watching it closely.

Well there you have it, all caught up for the past week. I'm sure there is more stuff that happened but that's what stands out.

ps The internet service was down most of yesterday, so deal with it!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm glad you're back!! Missed your posts. I feel your pain on the busted head thing!! Bryant and Tres like to climb... and no amount of spankings deterr them from their goals! Sunday, I found Bryant up on the kitchen table... even though there seemed to be no way for him to get there. We have had busted lips... big ugly bruised forehead bumps... scraps... no stitches yet.

Nicole said...

Welcome Back!

Jessica got a new bike for her birthday. She wanted to get on it right away... a few minutes later we hear her crying... she wiped out! She got a strawberry on her knee... I was thankful it was nothing more.

Once I slammed her fingers in the car door... she lost a finger nail! Talking about making you weak in the stomach.... it sucks when you've caused the pain!

native-nc said...

Pray that I can figure out the problem w/blogger. I've tried all their suggestions & it still isn't working.