Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Our 4th

We invited some friends over to cook out and my sister brought the kids to swim. We had grilled chicken & burgers, fresh veggies w/dip, baked beans, watermelon, brownies & some homemade ice cream.
The homemade ice cream was supposed to be for during the fireworks but the word got out & everyone wanted some before. I ended up making cookies & cream but will make it again soon b/c I all got gone before I had any :(

At 8 we rushed to the church to watch fireworks. Haha. They decided to wait until dark...DUH! So around 9:30 they started with the sparklers for all the kids. Justus tried to burn the hair off my head. It's hard to control a child & hold them at the same time. (Sam looked the other way & Justus saw the opportunity). He loved the sparklers but didn't like the noisy ones so much.

Then we rushed to Faith to meet up with my sis & her family. It took about 30 minutes to get into the town & find a parking place. We were originally going at 9 to find a spot but were held up at the church. We made it right on time to put down a balnket & get the kids settled. By that time what was left of the ice cream was now a milkshake but the kids still loved it. I was disappointed. OH well. The fireworks were great and the kids liked them! It was a good day!

1 comments:

Jamie said...

Tres was down with the fireworks for about an hour. Then he looked at me and said, "They scare me now, Mama." So we went inside!