Monday, July 04, 2005

Rain, rain go away...

Yesterday we had a great afternoon at church. Justus actually got in the bouncy thing and loved it. He also went down the slip n' slide and hated that. One of the youth kids took him down this huge inflatible slide, he laughed the whole way down. Bethany & I got there about quarter to 4 and changed the kids into their bathing suits, so Justus ran around half naked the entire day.

When it was the youth bands turn to sing Justus went up to the stage and stared at Sam. He also decided to entertain everyone with dancing, running and falling down. It was cute! Everyone did a great job and I think that there were about two hundred visitors that came threw.

Spanish church did some music and drama, they were good too. Ft. Myers MC sang also. IT was nice entertainment for everyone. I know the kids had a lot of fun. Justus got all sugared up. They had cotton candy, and an snowcone stand and he of course wanted in on the fun. He was passed along to different people most of the day and with each new person he got some other treat I normally wouldn't give him. He got pretty wired up.

Around 6 the storm rolled threw and Sam barely had enough time to give his devotion/sermon. Followed by a fast forward giveaway of candy and prizes. It poured rain for the next four hours and was still raining some when we got home at 11 last night. Brandon and brieanna won a bubble blower and I think they are going to come over sometime later today to play with Justus. I hope it doesn't rain again today!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm glad you all enjoyed your day together. We're just relaxing here too.

Staci said...

I'm glad you had a good time, even if it did rain. The Lord held it off just in time, that happens to me every year on my Easter Outreach- it always rains after 12 pm, but never a drop before. Well I will try to call you on Tuesday- Lord willing! Love ya-