Sunday, July 10, 2005

Sam's Birthday

Can't remember exactly what was happening Wed. & Thurs. But Friday was sam's birthday so Pastor Dave gave him the day off and we went to Concord Mills and spent money that we didn't really have. Oh well. Sam got three new shirts for work and we had a great time being silly. Justus was great & stayed in the stroller most of the time. I got in trouble when we stopped in at the Carter's outlet. But I now have one item for each kid for christmas. I also got a gift for the two new babies at our church.

After the mall we stopped by to see Sam's old youth pastor who is now a senior pastor here in NC. They started a church on the outskirts of Charlotte in January of 2004. That's where we were going to church before sam got the job as youth pastor. I miss going there sometimes. He and his wife are great, I hope that we can someday work with them. Also, they are looking for a children's church pastor. It's an AG church. Anyone interested??

After that we headed to walmart to pick up some groceries. My sister met us at the house and we surprised Sam with a family birthday party. We ate KFC , homemade vanilla ice cream & Bethany made sam's birthday cake: strawberry with cream cheese icing. He said it was the best birthday in a long time, so that made me happy too!

We also rented a few movies & watched them after the Justus was tucked in bed. Maybe it doesn't sound like much but I was exhausted. We didn't get to bed until almost 3am.

1 comments:

Jamie said...

Sounds like a fun family day! Those can be very theraputic and exhausting!