Monday, September 05, 2005

MOPS

Tommorrow is the first MOPS meeting of the year...mothers of prescoolers. In case you've never heard of it here's what I know. Mothers get together for a time of fellowship and devotions. Ours will be meeting twice a month. They do crafts & volunteers look after the children. The kids also do crafts and other fun stuff. My mom is a coordinator this year & wants me to come. A couple of the ladies in the church love it but I'm not so sure. How dumb is that?? A chance to get out of the house. Well I plan on going tommorrow but we'll see. I'm so indecisive sometimes; it drives me crazy!!!!!!

In other news Justus has two new teeth coming in and has been unbearable!!! We've used half a case of diapers in the last week. And I've run out of tylenol. I can't imagine how the mothers/victims of Katrina are faring with their own children who sense all the confusion & stress of their surroundings. God, please be with the children, comfort them & bring peace. Help the parents call upon you and have hope! Amen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nicole said...

GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

prftpeace said...

I wish we had MOPS around here....I would have loved taking advantage of it this summer.

Here's my problem----I'm a grandmother! I am older than the mothers of the preschoolers---most think we have little in common---but I am with preschoolers all day. I need some adult conversation...adult interaction...some adult friends!!

I may have little in common with preschooler moms, but friends my age don't want to be around preschoolers. They want to go to lunch, or just visit, without constant interruption from little ones, or drinks spilling, or the crying and arguing that normally accompanies having little ones around.

Where do I fit in?????????