Sunday, September 04, 2005

More Tears

I watched more coverage of New Orleans today. It was of course sad. And I am so frustrated that there is seemingly nothing we can do. Geraldo showed a family of 7 or eight. Five of them were young children. And the mother said she was afraid & relieved at the same time. She was crying & I was crying. Asking for God's mercy and a way to help these people. I hope that an opportunity will open or that I will know what to do.

I know my feelings of sadness are nothing compared to those there in the midst of the devestation. But we all have been given a heart of compassion for these hurting people. I am thankful that there is a Godly man in office; despite all the negative words being spoken. I do agree that something should have been done sooner. But that is behind us now. Now there is future. And hope.

What are your thoughts??

2 comments:

Vickie said...

I agree. I thank God for our President and yes i also think that things could have been done a whole lot faster than they were. I also do not agree with the fact that so many saying that this is a racial issue either.

Staci said...

I don't really know how fast they got in there, but I know they were dealing with a 30 hour storm. It would have been terrible to send help ahead of the storm, to have all the help devistated by the storm. The Violence is what gets to me. Chris's Mom called me today, said that its only getting worse. And with 110 degree weather, what do you expect. People are going crazy!