Tuesday, December 27, 2005

We had a wonderful christmas! My brother & sis-in law were here from Friday -Monday afternoon so we did all the family traditions in three days. I actually think it is better this way rather that an entire week. Friday night we went to see Narnia together while the kids went to their Nana sue's for christmas. I really enjoyed the movie!

When we got home the bake-a thon was on. As is a norm for our christmas we baked and talked about christmas' past. Then we were off to bed. Sometime around 2am.

For christmas eve we spent the afternoon with my grandmother. Her gift to us all was a song that she sang. It's a very special memory that I will keep forever! After she left we let the kids open their presents. They went crazy of course and Justus got overstimulated & grumpy.

Then on christmas morning we got up & ate quiche...then I got ready for church and slipped out when Justus wasn't looking. It was nice sit in church uninterupted. Staci and Chris came and I tried to keep quiet even though all I wanted to do was talk to Stack. We havent' had any time together yet. The music was great and the sermon short. My kind of service!

After church we stopped by Sue's house to tell everyone that we're expecting. That was fun! And then it was home for lunch. YUM YUM! After everyone settled down a little bit the adults opened their presents one couple at a time. It was faster than usual but we still didn't get done until 4pm. And then it was time for Football!

We had cheese & chocolate fondue for dinner. So good. Lots of fruits and veggies. Ummm, tasty!

The day after christmas sam & I went shopping for wrapping paper, ornaments etc. That's my way of saving for next year & having Christmas all year long. I Iike to get an early start so i won't freak out next year.

My gift this year was a new vacuum cleaner & oh did I need it!!!!! And sam got a radio controlled car (VIPER) and I surprised him for once!!! Somehow he always find out. I guess that's partially my fault. I could have surprised him about having a baby but my big mouth just couldn't wait any longer.

So there is my run- on tale of this years christmas celebration at the adams house. I've enjoyed reading about your christmas time. And I too am glad that things can get back to "normal"!

6 comments:

Staci said...

We could do breakfast on Thursday morning... call me. (But my sis will be there too)

Staci said...

Unless you and I go... alone.

dana said...

hey, you haven't told people on Xanga have you? just wondered. love ya and congrats again

native-nc said...

No we didn't put it on xanga yet b/c some of the youth kids read Sam's xanga. He announced it last night at church so when he gets back into town he will put it up. But it's Ok if others know now. I just wanted to wait until he told the church.

Staci said...

The ornament that my mom gave me is from Walmart (They have them 50% off now!) It says "Parents to be" on the bottle.

I enjoyed our time together.
I of course always wish I had more time. Maybe one day we will live closer to each other- or one of us will get millions of dollars and buy a private jet... either way.

Happy New Year Shelly Bean!!!

And again- Congrats on the baby- its so exciting!!! I just keep saying to Chris ..."I can't believe Tiff is pregnant" I mean I can belive it, I'm just happy for you both. Sam had more of a glow than you did girl. He was so giddy to tell- That was cute. He's a good papa.

Okay sorry for the novel. I'm in my office waiting for service to start in a few minutes. So I'm killing time...

Love ya- I'll needed to call you yesterday to find out what the name of the food processor, blender, mixer was that your mom told me about at Sue's house. I got some C'mas money and I wanted buy one.

When did Sam get back?

dana said...

Congrats, I know you two are excited. I wish I could be in that club. I think it is funny that the nursery workers know he is going to cry and just automatically ask how long you want to let him cry. Also I think it is a little sad when they don't need/want you all the time anymore, I know it can get stressful to never leave their side, but when the start getting "bigger" and realize they don't need you, it is a sad day.