Sunday, January 01, 2006

Redeeming the time

Happy New Year to each of you! Today has been good so far. Justus stayed in the nursery again...yea!!!! And he only cried for five minutes. When I dropped him off they asked me how long to let him cry, I said 15 minutes. That's a long time to listen to my child- he's very loud. Fortunately he stopped sooner rather than later. It's getting easier for him to be without me. And that's just fine with me.

Our pastor spoke about the new year of course with emphasis on redeeming the time. I personally have a lot of redeeming to do. 2005 did not mark any spirtual highs at all. I basically struggled through the entire year with a bad attitued knowing I should be doing better.

PD (pastor dave) spoke about knowing the will of God for your life & not getting all worked up about it. But that it is our responsiblity to simply obey. And follow the voice of the master. That sounds so difficult! But having gone through the past year I think that obeying just might be easier than ignoring God's plan.

Being in God's will can actually be a lot of fun. So that is my goal. And my confession. What are your goals for this year???

5 comments:

native-nc said...

Stack, the brands that mom mentioned were Oster & Kitchen Aid. She last saw them at Lowe's but Home Depot might have them too.

Sam got back Sat. at 3pm

Staci said...

I have not sat down and made any goals out just yet. I did make a goal not to eat McDonalds fry's until After the baby is born! They are my weakness!!! I love them- but my spiritual goals have not been set. I'm sure I will set them on Tuesday when I go into work, and sit down at my desk. I will have to re-think the past year and figure out what the Lord would have me do for this upcoming year. I know that things are going to Change once my little one gets here, and so Its hard for me to plan out any LONG term goals right now. I'm looking at April- that's about as long term as I can plan right now.

Well- I looked at Sears and Penny's at the Kitchen Aid stuff- its really expensive. And the Oster was the brand my mom had, but they don't make that combo anymore. I just can't see paying $150 to $500 for a kitchen tool! Ouch.

Happy New Year!

Staci said...

We didn't come up with anything for the registry- there is nothing on there but a gift card! I am choosing not to register! I figured that I will just talk to who ever is giving me the shower and I will make a list of needs (like my mom did for my wedding shower in NC) and let people give me things that are useful. I can't pick out much- because they don't have a lot online for the neutral colors. It makes me want to find out what I am having even more! But I am sticking to NOT knowing. I go to the Doctor for another Ultra Sound on the 4th- of this month, it will be hard not finding out- but worth it i'm sure.

Staci said...

I figure I don't do anything with the nursery until after the baby is born. Except tear up the carpet! ITs nasty. and Put some sheets on the crib!

dana said...

It is worth it to not find out, try not to look at the monitor when the tech goes over that area though. Love ya girl