Friday, February 24, 2006

Bye, bye baby

Let me start with the fact that Sam & I are overprotective parents. That being said, Justus spent the night away from us for only the 2nd time ever!!! The first was for one night during our youth ski trip. That was when he was almost a year old. He stayed here with my parents & kept them up all night. There aren't tons of people around here that I will just drop off my kid to. And since we live with my parents it's not exactly a treat for anyone & I am very careful about taking advantage of them being 12 steps away.

Anyways my sister was here doing hair cuts a week or so ago & Justus cried when she left. And asked to go with her. Well I guess he caught her by the heart & she's been talking about it ever since. A year ago I would have NEVER sent my child home with her but , she had gotten her act together so.....bye, bye baby.

Justus screamed when she got here to pick him up & was ready to run out the door bare foot and all. I made him stay long enough for twenty thousand kisses & a couple of hugs....shoes & jacket. Then he was out the door without a glance back. I almost cried. I had two hours before sam got home so I cleaned the kitchen & watch American Idol & Olympics.

All in all it was a good night but I was up until 3am. Couldn't sleep. The upside was that Justus wasn't here to wake me up so I slept extra late. He should be home in the next hour or so...I can't wait!!! I know that I am a silly momma. Oh well.

ps Staci, dont do this to yourself. Find a few people that you can trust!!! ( I know I've probably already told you this, please ignore me if this is unwanted advice!!).

1 comments:

dana said...

i am with you, i have my sister and my mother that i trust to keep my kids. we haven't left them over nite too often, maybe a handful between the two total. we are overprotective too (well I am) its ok to miss him, i miss mine as soon as they are out the door,and i dont get to sleep too soon either, but that is the upside, you get to sleep in. to answer your question, jesse is a toe head and emma has a strawberry blonde tint, but aaron's mom had red hair, and there is blonde in both sides. it bothers me when people ask me who their real daddy is since both of us have dark hair and the kids both have real lite hair. it was funny the first few times but now i just get annoyed. we will see as they get older if their hair gets darker. let me know how Justus did with your sister. maybe now you can have a couple of good nites sleep before the new baby gets here if he did ok with her. love ya